FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
More often than not, we are asked many questions regarding planting, the seasons and more. Here are some answers to commonly asked questions:
WHAT TYPE OF PINE STRAW DO YOU CARRY?
We carry slash pine and depending on availability longleaf.
DOES ELMGREN'S DELIVER?
Yes! We do! For pricing and locations we deliver to, please call us at 912-756-6726.
HOW LARGE OF AN AREA DOES ONE BALE OF PINE COVER?
Pine straw covers a 4x8 sq. ft area 2 in. thick.
ARE THERE ANY LIMITATIONS TO PLANTING IN THE EXTREME HEAT?
You can plant in the south all year long, but you need to make sure that the plants/trees/shrubs are not only planted properly, but that they are also in the correct location and that they get plenty of water.
ELMGREN'S SELLS MULCH, BUT HOW IS IT SOLD?
- We sell by the bag and in bulk
- Natural and dyed mulch varieties such as red and dark brown are sold in bulk
- Black mulch is sold in bags, but can be provided in bulk upon request.
HOW MUCH MULCH WILL FIT IN MY TRUCK?
- In a standard pick-up with a 6 ft bed = 2 cu yds
- In a standard pick-up with a 8 ft bed = 3 cu yds
ELMGREN'S SELLS SOD, BUT HOW CAN IT BE PURCHASED?
- We sell by the piece or by the pallet. You can call (912) 756-6726 in advance to check for availability, or call to order a pallet.
- Individual pieces of sod measure 16 in x 24 in
- A pallet of Centipede covers approximately 500 sq ft
- A pallet of St. Augustine covers approximately 400 sq ft
CAN ELMGREN'S ASSIST WITH DESIGNING MY LANDSCAPE?
We can help make ideas flourish into reality. If you don't have an idea, we can work with you to plan and make your landscape become something magnificent!
DO WE SELL ORGANICS?
We currently have a very small selection with the hopes to increase in the future. We are researching and looking for growers and providers to increase our supply of organics.
EXACTLY WHAT SERVICES DOES ELMGREN'S OFFER?
We offer a wide variety of services and products. VIEW A COMPLETE LIST OF SERVICES. Don't hesitate to call if you have any more questions!